Study Tables are offered each week in the subjects listed below. No appointments are necessary—just show up.
CRUX classes: Mon & Wed 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
STATISTICS: Mon 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.
PSYCH 101: Tues 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. (starts Sept. 16)
MATH: Wed 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.
MUSIC: Wed 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
ESOL Writing: Wed 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Essay Writing: Thurs 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Individual Essay Writing sessions are available on Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sign up or walk in if appointments are available. Click here to schedule a session.
Make the most of your visit to the Writing & Tutoring Center:
- Bring your assignment or writing prompt with you.
- Play an active role in the session by asking questions
and contributing insights.
- Make an appointment with the Writing & Tutoring Center well before
the paper’s due date.
- Remember the tutoring wisdom shared by your consultant
and apply that advice to future papers.
- Come early and come often to take advantage of the
Writing & Tutoring Center’s services.
- Utilize our online resources for future assignments.
What we DO at the Writing & Tutoring Center:
- We work with student writers to help them learn
proofreading and editing strategies.
- We help writers brainstorm for topics, discuss ways to
expand or narrow existing topics, and help with
organization of an essay.
- We provide critical feedback on an idea, paragraph, or
- We work with a student to build a paper’s level of
thought and to achieve more clarity through working with
the thesis, supporting details, organization or mechanics.
What we DON’T do at the Writing & Tutoring Center:
- We do not proofread or correct papers.
- We do not second-guess the grade a paper will receive.
- We do not write papers for students.
- We do not divulge the content of our sessions to anyone
other than the writer and the Writing & Tutoring Center director.