October 11-12, 2013
All are warmly invited to Trinity's first Fall Fest, a homecoming and family weekend celebration.
Alumni, grab those classmates you never get to see and join the fun. Reconnect with former faculty and staff while getting to know our new campus.
Families, spend time with your student, meet their friends and get a taste of life as a Trinity student.
Events are open to any attendee. You are welcome to attend any event that interests you.
- Check in opens at 2 p.m.
- Break out sessions, 3-4 p.m.
Jean Wahlstrom, Faculty Emerita, speaking on "God's part: Our part" a Bible study on 2 Peter 1: 3 - 11. Need some wisdom? True knowledge? Peter the Elder offers some, free for the taking!
Dr. Betsi Little, Chair of Psychology, speaking on the psychology of making choices. How does a keyboard designed for the typewriter influence our preference for Google over Bing? Does the new Wendy's logo really make us buy more burgers? Come find out about the hidden influences that shape the "choices" we make every day.
President John W. Reed, speaking on "The Joy of Finding Your Vocational Call," will share his own story of finding and fulfilling God's vocational call in his life and how Trinity is integrating this in the Vocation Formation program.
- Campus tours,
Leaving from the lobby on the hour
- On-campus dining at The Nest (5-7 p.m.) or off-campus at your new favorite spot
- Evening concert from 7-9 p.m. in the Brammer Chapel, featuring Perry and the Poorboys (Perry Springman, '82) and eric-e (Eric Engerbretson, '82) with a special guest appearance by current student, Joakim Gissberg. Child care is available with registration.
- A Student Life event is planned for later in the evening – it’s so exciting we have to keep it a secret for now
- Enjoy brunch in the campus commons at 9:30 a.m., featuring a brief message by President John Reed, current student testimonials, as well as an opening prayer by Professor Emerita Pat Lelvis. Mingle with former and current faculty, staff and students, and perhaps win a prize.
- Choose your own adventure, 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Alumni reunions on campus
- Explore Everett on your own
- Play ultimate Frisbee with our Trinity student athletes, Lincoln Field
- Inter-squad Men's soccer scrimmage
- Eagle Dash (race our Eagle mascot the length of the soccer field)
- Ice cream social, 2:30 in the Brammer Chapel, with current faculty
- Closing Worship Service, 4-5 p.m. in the Brammer Chapel, led by Campus Pastor Erik Samuelson; Alumna Pastor Debbie Boyce; Dean Emeritus, Dr. Lowell Stime; the Trinity Worship Band; as well as the Chamber Ensemble.
*Please Note: Student T1 cards do not apply toward Fall Fest meals.